Thursday, June 17, 2010

If I ask the credit card company to lower my interest rate, will they do it?

I ask because one time I called to cancel my Identity Protection because it was too much money and they offered to lower the price. I said no, and in that same conversation they lowered it even more. So I%26#039;m just wondering if I go to them and say I need to have this lowered, will they offer me a lower rate?



If I ask the credit card company to lower my interest rate, will they do it?mortgage lenders





They might. Some will, some won%26#039;t. It depends on a lot of factors, but I have gotten several ofmy cards to lower the interest rate over the years.



Ask them if it%26#039;s possible to have the APR lowered so it%26#039;s more in line with your other cards, based on your payment history, tenure with the credit card company, and balance. If you have a good payment history, a reasonable balance, and good tenure, they may be able to help.



One thing to note - when I asked Discover for this, I was denied because my %26quot;APR had been changed in the previous 12 months.%26quot; I did some research and saw that yeah, it had been changed - Discover had RAISED it. So I argued that point with them and they did drop it a percentage point.



If I ask the credit card company to lower my interest rate, will they do it?

loan



It certainly won%26#039;t hurt to try. They will check your credit score and history and adjust it or not adjust ir accoding to the information they find there. Goodluck!|||Probably not, the interest rate is there profit margin.|||They might. Sometimes though you have to call them and say you want to cancel and then they normally ask why and then you just tell them because you cant afford their high interest rate. Normally they will lower it to keep you from cancelling.



http://flavaofblog.blogspot.com/2007/04/...|||The %26quot;system%26quot; decides whether or not you are %26quot;eligible%26quot; to have your apr lowered. If they are making lots of money off of you and you have a bad payment history or go over your line alot...NO. If you have good payment history, been with them for a long time, and they make %26#039;some%26#039; money off of you then they may lower it.



Using a balance transfer offer threat from another bank usually helps

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


surgery on credit © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting