Thursday, June 17, 2010

Charged off Credit card?

Once a CC is charged off, If a lawsuit if possible, will the CA sue you or the original creditor?



I have sent a validation letter to this collection agency, but have not heard anything back. If they can validate and I make an offer for payments, what do I do if they turn the offer down?



If they do not validate it, what is my next step. They left a message on my machine the day after I mailed the letter and said that If I did not call them back that day, they would turn it back over to the creditor and I could deal with the consequences. Then a message the next day said I had until 5:00 that day to call or they would turn it over to a law firm and serves papers on me. (and the 30 days from my letter from them is still not up yet).



What amount of debt does it normally have to be over before they will push a lawsuit? (ex. under 10K will they push harder or over 10K will they push harder)



Charged off Credit card?postage rate





Only the person collecting the debt can sue you, the state has nothing to with it. I would go to www.adviceontime.com and read the article on credit, this will help you out.



Charged off Credit card? loan



How old is the debt? Do not offer them anything w/o further research. If it has been 5 years, they cannot collect. but if you say or write that you will pay a dime, the time statue starts over!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


surgery on credit © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting