Thursday, June 17, 2010

I being sued by my credit card company?

I just received the summons and complaint from a Law firm, debt that I could not pay to Discover. I have no job , and The amount of the principal may be around $750. They are sued me for $2330.54. I have 21 days to file an answer with the court or take other lawful action with the court. What does that mean?



1)Should I write a letter to my creditor ( Discover..?Or the Law firm?)



2) What should I say on this letter..my offer (for instance $700 paid in full..?or something around that amount?) or shouls I say something else?



3) What are my options (I understand that if I go to court I will end up paying court fees)



I being sued by my credit card company?





I highly suggest getting yourself a Pre-Paid Legal plan for $17 a month and having a top rated attorney advise you as to what you rights are. They will be able to tell you what you should and should not do. Plus a Pre-Paid Legal plan can help you in a lot more areas that being sued by your credit card company. I will provide a link to get the membership and then I can get you in contact with the attorneys in your area.



http://www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/rexjwhit...



Best Wishes,



Rex White



503-463-7336



rexjwhite@prepaidlegal.com



I being sued by my credit card company?

loan



IF you have the $700, then yes, offer it and see what happens. Now that they have paid a lawyer and filed with court, you will have to pay much more than $700 though. Offering HALF might work, but you have to actually have the money. You can%26#039;t bluff them.



Get a job and get this straightened out.|||Contact the LAW FIRM. If the interest and fees total double the original amount, this is a very OLD debt. They have a file cabinet full of IDENTICAL lawsuits set for the same date. If you can offer $500 or $600 tomorrow, they will settle faster than you can write a check.



If you can%26#039;t settle, don%26#039;t even show up in court. You WILL lose (you owe the money). When the secure a judgment, they still can%26#039;t collect if you don%26#039;t have anything to collect. The $2330.54 includes court costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


surgery on credit © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting