Saturday, June 19, 2010

If a company refuses to accept a payment for a credit card, are you liable for additional payment to

I took out a 12-month-same-as-cash cred card to pay for a $2k item. Starting In December I was being hounded by an automated phone call asking to call this 800 #. When I did, I was told I had missed a payment and immediate payment was due, as well as $200 worth of interest and late fees were added. This seemed odd since I paid past payments on time. I checked with my bank, and the check had not cleared. I talked with the co and they would not back out the interest and late fees even though I offered to pay the account off (before interest and fees). I had even spoke to the manager of the agent. In addition, they wanted a $14.95 processing fee for accepting payment over the phone.



I wrote a check for the original principal in full, sent it to the co via certified mail, and they received it before the next payment due date. The very next day after it was received, I got another call from the company and I did not return. By the weekend, the check was returned, unaccepted.



If a company refuses to accept a payment for a credit card, are you liable for additional payment to them?yes loans





Your problem is that when that first payment was missed, your account was in default which made it all due and payable. If you check thru the fine print, it covers all the fees, etc. While it%26#039;s curious that the check never cleared, you still owe them the extra fees.



Did you check include some kind of %26quot;full payment%26quot; statement? It seems really strange that they wouldn%26#039;t take the payment. Be sure to keep all that documentation.



Your only option at this point is to contact the collection agency and work out a settlement. Get the agreement in writing and absolutely don%26#039;t give them access to your bank account. Try offering half the extra fees. It might be worth it to get rid of them.



If a company refuses to accept a payment for a credit card, are you liable for additional payment to them?

loan



Did they even open the envelope? Perhaps they didn%26#039;t open it because it was certified mail and there was no one there who was allowed to sign for it?? Maybe try resending it in the normal payment envelope?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


surgery on credit © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting