Thursday, June 17, 2010

Can Credit Card Companies Randomly Create their Own Transfer Requests?

Anyone ever hear of a situation like this?



I recieved an unsolicated balance transfer offer from HSBC ... 3% transfer fee up to a maximum fee of 75$.



This sounded good to me so I nibbled and requested a 5000$ transfer, which would have made the 75$ transfer fee equal to 1.5% ... tolerable for me.



BUT .... they approved the account and transfer and 2 weeks later filled the transfer only to 2500$, which gets them their 75$ fee at 3% and leaves me short of any chance to gain from the experience.



My point is, I didnt approve of this transfer and I tried disputing the charge to deaf and robotic ears.



Can they fill a balance transfer for any amount that they randomly choose or am I correct in assuming that they can only either approve or deny my request?



Can Credit Card Companies Randomly Create their Own Transfer Requests?credit card debt





Unfortunately, yes they can transfer an amount UP TO the amount you requested. It appears that they approved you only up to $2500 so that%26#039;s what they transferred. In the future make sure you work with a person and ask all of the questions if you don%26#039;t understand something or feel there may be a catch.



If possible, work with someone live while applying for a transfer so you know immediately how much you%26#039;re being approved for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


surgery on credit © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting